Need Help?

If you are in a crisis situation or need immediate medical assistance contact Emergency Services on 000.

Need someone to talk to right now?

Kids Helpline – Free Call: 1800 55 1800 or for web and email counselling click here.

Lifeline –  Free Call: 13 11 14 or online crisis chat and self-help resources click here.

1800 Respect – Call: 1800 737 732 or for 24 hour online crisis chat click here.

Need a safe place to stay?

link2home – 1800 152 152 – NSW 24 hour phone service to call if you are homeless or think you soon be homeless – can assist with information and refer to a service that is best for you

Y-foundations – for contact details for accommodation services for young people  check their website click here

Domestic Violence Line – Free Call: 1800 656 463 – can help with making referrals to refuges as well as other support agencies. For more information see the Community Services website here.

Need Legal Help?

Legal Aid Youth Hotline – Call: 1800 10 18 10 for for legal advice and information for young people under the age of 18. Or click here to find the Legal Aid office near you.

Shop Front Legal – free legal service for homeless and disadvantaged young people under 25. Call (02) 9322 4808 or click here to check out their website.

Other Useful Websites:

Reach Out – general information for young people on a variety of topics

Youth Beyond Blue – information on depression, anxiety and related issues.

Headspace – national youth mental health foundation – provides information and online support. Headspace also offer support and counselling in person – see website for details.

1800 Respect – telephone service, web counselling and information relating to domestic violence

Cyber Smart – government website with information on cyber safety for young people and parents

Thinkuknow – website on cyber safety for young people and their parents – includes interactive training

FYRST – support, counselling and case management for young people 16 – 25 who would like to address their drug and alcohol use.

PALM – residential program for young people aged 14 – 18 who have serious alcohol or drug issues.

Rosebank – support for child victims of sexual assault

NSW Rape Crisis Centre – information and online support or call 1800 424 017

For Parents:

NSW Family Services – find a family support service in your area

Parentline – 24 hour telephone service providing counselling, information and advice. Visit their website for parenting resources or call 1300 1300 52.

Family Drug Support – information for families affected by drugs and alcohol or call 1300 368 186.  Click here for a list of alternative telephone advice and support services.